Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Turn No Longer Taken

At Hilltop Avenue, I do not turn;
I stay on Dell Range for one more half-mile
To reach the place where now my home-fires burn.
I pass that old left turn with quite a smile!
I smile still more when soon I see ahead
The famous doggie on his famous roof
(A navigation aid I choose instead
Of street names). A contented dog is proof,
I think, of a contented home. One block
Past him I turn; Hilltop now far behind,
And I approach a proper house. The shock
Of knowing that it's mine's still new. I find
It not too hard to bear. It's got that spark
Of joy; gone is the Vertc'al Trailer Park.

4 comments:

  1. Nice one..the despair with which we make choices can only be justified when we finally have a home to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traveling the path to happiness, how wonderful that can be, when finally discovering that you too can be free -- in your own private life.

    Thus is the way of "fork in the roads". Here's hoping you enjoy your new home, for many years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An enjoyable, upbeat post. A home is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice change! Home is a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers