Monday, May 4, 2009

In Which I Add To My Pantheon Of Heroes

It's waterproof, so it seemed rather wise
To wear the jacket I put on to ride
Deep Blue to work. But there was a surprise
Not caused by weather: There did slip outside
Its shoddy pocket some important stuff.
My paper brain, FIELD NOTES, it slipped out first;
My cell phone further on, and things looked rough.
But Howard Scotland, saw my book, reversed,
(He cycles, too) and picked it up. I'd grown
Already used to its loss, e'en resigned.
But Howard e- then snail mailed. Then my phone
Was Robert McIntosh's random find.
That things I value fell into such hands
Was good luck beyond reas'nable demands!

1 comment:

  1. 'Was good luck beyond reas'nable demands!'

    True, true. Beautifully said, and beautiful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers