Thursday, July 30, 2009

BONUS SONNET: Yay, We're Skeptics, But Must We Be Jerks About It?

While I do think the world is cool enough,
That what we can observe and test is great,
Increasing knowledge carefully, one tough
Test, then another over time, I'd hate
To be like those who once did roundly mock
Copernicus or Galileo, or
Columbus. E pur si mueve. What shock
Occurs when someone does discover more.
Of course I raise an eyebrow at such claims
That visitors from other systems come
To probe or warn us; still I don't play games,
Don't bait believers, will not call them dumb.
It's true there are some cracked pots on that shelf
But I've found some who aren't. How 'bout yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers