Saturday, May 1, 2010

In Which I Geek Out All Over Free Comic Book Day

The first one's free, the pusher says in all
The greatest urban legends, and it's so --
At least in terms of what I meekly call
My drug of choice, which I am sure you know
Is comic books. And yes, you can get high
On these, just ask one Lars Paul Linden, who
Once wrote a novel on this subject. I
Still seek a real-life bookdopebook, all through
The racks at Heroes Only, or wheree'er
My wand'rings take me. And this Saturday
I take another chance. I'll soon be there,
Though I have missed the party, as one may
Who is a poor shift worker. Nonetheless,
Free Comic Book Day's come again, I guess!

2 comments:

  1. Great sonnet and that sounds like a pretty cool novel! They say it's out of print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *should* still have a copy somewhere. But you really need the accompanying soundtrack album by Lars' band Penis Fly Trap. I'm sure we can find that online somewhere though.

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers