Sunday, October 24, 2010

I Has The Ded

I'm feeling kind of ill, so don't expect
Great poetry today. Each time I sneeze
My brain clears out; my thoughts all disconnect
And usually I bite my cheek. Oh please,
Won't my Prince Nyquil come and save me? So,
Like I just said, sub-par's the standard for
Today. I just don't want inflated hope
To taint this offering. In days of yore
I've scaled poetic heights, but I don't think
I'll climb much higher, just now, than my couch
From which I lie and sniffle and I drink
My tea, and wait for that next burst of -- ouch!
Don't bless me, though; just pass another box
Of tissues while I pull on warmer socks.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you've been feeling poorly. Get some rest! The world will wait. 8)

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers