Monday, October 11, 2010

SONNET DARE: In Which Is Considered An Abomination Of Flatware

O plastic cutlery, thee I eschew.
The many ways you're wrong are more than might
Fit in a sonnet. What I'm tasked to do
Here, though, makes me consider, in a flight
Of fancy, one of your kind. That: the spork
(If one in silver or in stainless steel
Has e'er been made, I know it not): a fork
That bears a bowl as well, the weal,
To stab something and scoop, too, gravy (if
Such is what you desire). Still would it break
If tasked with more than popcorn weight, I fear;
But as the butt of jokes there's few as make
So good a one as this; the very word
Provokes such peals of giggles. It's absurd!

2 comments:

  1. I logged on to read
    I-F reviews. but wrote this
    poem instead. Love your site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, thank you, Cuppa! There'll be more IF reviews as soon as I get more played 8)

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers