Thursday, September 15, 2011

On Waiting For Another Film At The Lightbox

The theatre fills up and people chat
With strangers, seatmates, friends, all movie fans
Bright-eyed and eager, always hoping that
The best is yet to come, that well-laid plans
Made poring o'er the website weeks ago
Won't lead to disappointment now. The risk
Of duds is always there; lo, to our woe
We have encountered two so far. Paul's brisk
To point out that more wonders have we seen
Than pointless staring wank-fests. This is true!
And this is why my interest still is keen
As I wait for the lights to dim, a few
Announcements, pre-film snippets, then the start
Of something yet unknown. Be still, my heart!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. I really need to get to the movies. Or do I? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll tell you what, people are still making some good ones. You just have to be willing to risk seeing some crap sometimes. But I saw some great films this festival. Extraterrestrial, Generation P, UFO in Her Eyes, Carre Blanc, This is Not a Film and Rough Hands were all exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't notice this earlier -- nice one!

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers